Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Welcome back you lazy bum

I'm back. After a fun-filled move to a new state, new apartment, and new job, I'm back on the case. Just a few notes for now. We'll save the heavy stuff for tomorrow's post.

First up, I invite everyone to peruse my newest blog. It's a project put together by my brother with contributions from myself and other young (if I'm still allowed to call myself that. I am almost 30. Almost time for this Brandon to run. And if you get that joke you're awesome) people interested in the upcoming asininity and rhetorical whirlwind that is an election year. For god's sake, people have been guessing who would win and what would happen since the beginning of last year. With very poor results I might add. We'll discuss candidates, election issues, and point out the stupidity and double standards that the network news won't discuss. So stop by and leave your thoughts. We want to see comments and discussion.

Second, why is it so difficult to prove that I live in Washington? The DMV (or DOL - department of licensing) wants proof that I live here before issuing me a license. Fine. But they WON'T accept my apartment lease. How fucked up is that? They'll take mortgage documents. They'll take a concealed weapons permit. They'll take my name in a phone book. For shits and giggles, they'll even accept a residential service hook-up order. Not even a bill...just the hook-up ORDER will suffice. This place is fucking stupid sometimes. I guess I know where the state priorities are since it's easier to get a permit to carry a gun than to prove that I have a Washington address.

Tomorrow we'll discuss rap and hip-hop. I've been listening to a lot of Lil' Wayne lately and had some thoughts that must needs be shared. Good night America!

No comments: