Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Welcome my son....

In case you don't know, the title of the blog is my homage to Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, and my brother who correctly decided that this is the best Floyd album they released. Being that I detest sites like MySpace and its ilk for being home to a generation of kids who can't spell or complete a sentence without a smiley face, a blog seemed a reasonable way for people to keep abreast of my schemes while maintaining some relative privacy and sanity.

Mostly, this is a place for me to put my own junk. I love to write, mostly poems and songs I'll get around to posting eventually. And just because I wrote a poem doesn't make me a poet. More on that later. And plenty of thoughts on the state of the world, why science shouldn't be so expensive, why environmentalists should back the fuck up, and why I love apples but hate apple pie.

This corner of cyberspace is about music, writing, free expression, art, science, and a bit of personal self-indulgence. Ideas and thoughtful arguments are welcome. Retarded stereotypes, poor grammar, willful ignorance, and anything ending in ROFL are not.

I'm working on my dissertation right now so I can graduate and get the hell out of this state. It's been 100+ degrees for the past four days and I'm tired of peeling my balls off my leg just so I don't sit on them. So I'll try to keep this updated. For now, welcome to my world.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Ball-peeling... ROFLcopter!

Kait said...

omg...u r like sooooo rite abt ths gnR8ion :)

Jesus, the mental exertion that sentence required is both disappointing and sure to land me in an even deeper circle of Hell.